Sunday, February 28, 2010

My 1st Natural Updo - Butterfly Clip Updo

Hello EmbraceNaturelle's,

I'm excited to share with you my first updo. :) I've continously styled my hair with two strand twists and straw curls and my interest peaked in trying something new this past weekend...especially an updo after viewing these photo months ago from this naturalista's site, I think on fotki...

Forgive me for not being able to promote proper credit by providing a link to her site :/ months ago I saved her hairstyle under Inspiring Hair Styles in my Pictures file without the thought that I would actually post it..I only pray that she will not be unhappy with me sharing her photo...





and then i just had a random thought to purchase butterfly clips to pretty it up a bit :) Hope you like :)


I adore <3 the way my braids and clips looked on my left side :)




I had a different view on how the updo would look in the back... but I am content for my first try :)





There is a sheen of organic shea butter on my hair when wet.... it will go away in another day especially after I untwist them. For some volume in the front :) Let me know what you think and please let me know when you try it out. I'd love to see your creative take on a butterfly clip updo. :)

I acheived this style by single braiding my hair in the back and two strand twist my hair in the front. :)

Washed with BioInfusion Rosemary Mint Shampoo
Conditioned with Giovanni Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Deep Conditioned with Organic Unrefined Shea Butter with small mix of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Stop n Shop Brand) A great site to order shea butter :)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful.

    I am of South Asian origin, and unlike my south Asian counterparts, my hair is frizzy, curly and wavy in parts. I have always loved my hair when others have commented on it 'not' being oily slick straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mangocheeks! Sorry for the late reply and thank you :) It is nice to learn that you love your hair. Appreciating what you have been given naturally from birth can keep your spirt blissfully light :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mangocheeks. Thank you for inspirations hopefully I'm going to do so too on my hair, because I have the same style of hair and I love it. God bless ya.

    ReplyDelete