Sunday, July 19, 2009

Twist and Straw Curls and Fun with Facepaint

Recommended Track Of The Day
Enjoy while you read!


***********************************************************************************


Here are the first photos of my experience with natural hair since my post on my last chop of permed hair months ago!!! A mix of twists and straw curls*!!!! I rocked the style at my cousin's party celebrating her son's 1st bday which was entertained with face painting!!! Fun stuff!!!




I definitely had fun with it and went to club afterwards with the face paint!! I want to do it again. It felt so fun dancing with it on...I highly recommended doing it when you go to the club for a unique and fun experience :)

************************************************************************************
*FYI

How I twist and straw curl

I detangled my hair from my previous style of straw curls spraying water on a few curls and smoothed coconut oil per curl to untwist and comb out...the coconut oil and water makes it really easy for me to avoid unnecessary breakage ..



After my hair was indulged with coconut oil and smooth from curls, I washed with Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps - 18 in 1 Hemp Peppermint Pure Castor Oil.

I would start my twist and curls from the back to the front.....I would part a line of hair from the right to left which is not to thick or too small...you can judge the amount of hair you want to work with by your preference.....and leave the rest of my damp hair covered in the shower cap....make sure to keep a spray bottle near by with water or your own mix nearby




I would smooth African royale Hot Six Oil on my parted hair and scalp and starting at the right I would part a small amount of hair that was thick enough for me to twist to my liking....i would pin the rest of my hair on the left to keep aside...




I would twist my damp and oiled hair with Giovanni L.A. Natural Styling Gel (strong hold) then curl my twist on a straw almost an inch of length...(the length of the straw will be judged by the length of hair)....I would curl my twist around the straw keeping them close together so they won't loosely spiral when I remove it after it dries.

Continue the same method throughout your whole head....

It takes time and patience, my experience was relaxing...for me it took at least 3 hours....."3 hours???!!!" (<-- was that what went through your mind?) heh heh well it is worth it when the style lasts for a week!!! It's very low maintenance all thanks to Giovanni's gel!!! You will have a great sheen as well!!!

Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Your hair is beautiful!!!
    And I love being natural myself :) I'll be 1 year natural as of next week. Please check out my blog and follow me!!! I have great goodies 4 excellent prices!!! Thanks let me know what you think.

    I would appreciate it!

    "Natural Girls Rock"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LinzMary! Thank u 4 your vist :) Being natural has been such a relief! I will make sure to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dr. Bronners. I can't wait to run out of the scent I have now so I can get the pepermint too!


    Peace

    ReplyDelete