Sunday, March 8, 2009

Meaning behind Aroused2BNatural

Aroused2BNatural is in reference to my Hair. As of August '08, my dark brown... almost seems black, shoulder length hair suffered* through it's last perm. That suffering experience rebelliously aroused the decision to avoid products that contain chemicals which in addition may also compromise my health*.

Now that it is March '09, the past six months has been a refreshing and frustrating process as I continue to transition to my natural state. I did not endure the big chop*, but I did get a fairly big trim and fell in love with straw curls as my transitioning* hair style.

Why did I chose Aroused?
I searched through the thesaurus for a word that best expressed what inspired me to go natural as well fit the username* that I wanted to create in reference to being natural.

Aroused seemed to fit perfectly based on its definition which I came across in dictionary.com linked to the thesaurus.

a⋅rouse

–verb (used with object)
1. to stir to action or strong response; excite: to arouse a crowd; to arouse suspicion.
2. to stimulate sexually.
3. to awaken; wake up: The footsteps aroused the dog.

Ohhhh man let me tell you!!! If YOU felt the burning on YOUR scalp you would be stirred into action as well!

FYI
*suffered in terms of the horrible burning feeling you get on your scalp when you forget that you shouldn't itch your scalp the day or two before you get your hair chemically processed.

*products that may compromise my health will be explained in future blogs. Yet in addition, months before I've always had interest in going natural yet lacked the ability to make that final decision. That horrible burning sensation was the last straw for me.

*the big chop, especially for first timers with permed hair, is when you simply cut off all your permed hair and start all over.

*transitioning from permed hair to natural if the big chop was avoided

*Oops! :) Unconsciously I have decided my username to be EmbraceNatural :) Aroused2BNatural is more so the title of my Blog :)

This FYI is in effect to help you read between my lines, because my meticulous self loves to explain what I speak of in detail...in fact everyone always have more to say even after we do express our words. Majority of us have learned that we need to state our sentences in the shortest and clearest way possible which isn't always the most successful way to communicate. I've also created the FYI for some of us who may not be aware of what a perm is or a big chop is, etc.

Thank you for your time and patience and I look forward to your response. For every blog I would like to recommend my track of the day to make your day more enjoyable.

The track may be one you have listened to recently or maybe it will be your first time. It may also be a nostalgic connection to a track you have not listened to in a while or a track you may not be interested in listening to again lol. All in all I love to share what I like to listen to.

Recommended Track of the Day
Solange Knowles - Sandcastle Disco (DJ Escape & Tony Collucio Club Mix) By Jorge & VJ Tarkan Check out 2:15 and 3:41, I have a goal to rock my hair to similar length for beautiful curls like that!!! Naturally of course! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice!!

    I remember when I had my last relaxer (March 2007), and I think it was one of the best choices I've ever made. With that transformation, I also transformed my diet (no meat except for seafood), regualar excercise and just being cognizant of what I put in my body as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True! From viewing natural hair how tos in youtube and reading forums, I've noticed that many of us who transition to natural hair also improve nutrition. I've done the same myself. It really is the best choice for us all. Respecting how we take care of our hair has open our minds to respecting how we take care of our body as well. :)

    ReplyDelete